EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 06:52:49 -0800
Apologize about the cross posting, but it is worth passing on.

Looks like it is time to start writing grants!  I have been fixing
students computers and sending them home.  It is a pain, the kids get to
learn how to tear it apart and put it back together, but I am starting
to go gray!  This looks like a possible solution!

Hope you apply and get them!

Keith
PS Pay special attention to the part where it mentions individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply

The Beaumont Foundation will be giving out almost $400 million in
computer equipment starting in 2003. The grant applications for schools
and community organizations will be available on our website beginning
January 6, 2003, at <outbind://26/www.bmtfoundation.com/grants/>
www.bmtfoundation.com/grants/.  The guidelines explain how we'll be
giving out $20 million each in computer equipment to community
organizations and to schools in about half the country. Information on
individual grants is also online but persons interested in those grants
should apply by calling 1-866-505-COMP(2667).

Please note that persons with disabilities and those who are homebound
because of disability or illness are especially encouraged to apply for
these individual grants. Questions about the school and community grants
can also be answered on that line. Our focus is on delivering equipment
where it will directly benefit underserved citizens. So we do not
provide computers for staff.

Since we only give hardware, we make grants to established programs that
have the funding, infrastructure and staffing to maintain their
programs. Part of my job is to encourage truly innovative and excellent
programs for persons with disabilities. If you know of such a program
that could use $20-200k of brand new, state-of-the-art hardware to help
underserved communities, please drop me a line or give me a call. I am
on the team working on California, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Hawaii,
and Alaska, but I will also be advising on grants for disability
organizations and schools that serve students with disabilities. I look
forward to receiving many, many grant applications from the disability
community.

Nora Jean Hernandez

Program Officer

The Beaumont Foundation of America

 < http://www.bmtfoundation.com/ <http://www.bmtfoundation.com/> >
http://www.bmtfoundation.com/ <http://www.bmtfoundation.com/>

****************************
More from their website:

Eligibility for 2003 Grants
The Foundation has three distinct programs. The first step is to
determine in which category you may be eligible. 2003 Community Grants
501(c)3 organizations or government agencies that serve citizens at or
below the poverty level as defined by U.S. Census Bureau thresholds.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/02poverty.htm
<http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/02poverty.htm>
2003 Education Grants
K-12 public, private, parochial or charter schools where a minimum of 50
percent of students qualify for the National School Lunch Program
(NSLP) and where staff are dedicated to promoting technology-based
education solutions.

www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/Lunch/Governance/Notices/02-03iegs.pdf
2003 Individual Grants
Individuals living at or below the poverty level as defined by U.S.
Census Bureau thresholds are eligible to apply.