EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pranav Lal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:29:40 +0530
Hi all,

I am using a Java server page to generate a large table. The table has
about 8 columns and could have several rows. I am using table tags as well
to indicate table cells and data in those cells. I can read the table ok
using JFW but I need to know if there is any thing else that I need to do
to make this table accessible.

One thing that has me confused is the use of style sheets. I read the web
accessibility guidelines and they seemed to imply that one should use style
sheets to create tables? Does this man that it is better not to use the
table tags and to use style sheets instead? Or, they are talking only about
layout?

Also, there is mention of abbreviating column headings by using
abbreviation tags in the column headers. How necessary is this? I ask since
there is no need for my column headings to be abbreviated. The column
headings are like Gross Revenue, Other Charges etc.

Pranav