EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:45:51 -0500
This is a common problem, and exemplifies Jon Gunderson's mantra: it's
better to have accessibility designed in rather than added on.  It can
be a significant challenge, depending on how poorly designed the
current web pages are.

As you say, the home page and immediate links should be done
immediately.  I'd suggest looking at the pages that are most important
to the students be next.  There are probably some pages that are rarely
visited.

One guideline might be this: the ADA doesn't say that *everything* must
be accessible, it says that all *services* must be accessible.  So, if
there is information that is on the website that is not easily
accessible to the students in some other way, that *must* be accessible
now.

Denis Anson