EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Adrian Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adrian Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:10:35 -0000
hi Carol
start by ensuring you have good meta tags in your page. these are hyden
keywords in the code of your page which search engines look for rather than
looking at the whole of your page.  the better your meta tags the more
chance a search engine has of identifying your page.
then submit your page using a utility like
www.submitexpress.com
which adds your page to up to 40 search engines for free.

you can find advice here too on improving your meta tags.

other ways to increas traffic include mailing webmasters with pages on
similiar subjects to add a link to you're page - they'll expect the same in
return, or joining a web ring which links all websites on a any given theme
and includes some bottoms unsually at the bottom of the page which can be
used to move between or list all pages in the ring.

Adrian Higginbotham,
SURFACE
Salford University, Research Focus on AcCessible Environments.
E-mail [log in to unmask]
tel: 0161-2954939
fax: 0161-2955011

web: http://www.scpm.salford.ac.uk/surface/