EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:14:30 -0800
I personally want to thank list members for your support of EASI: Equal
Access to Software and Information.  This list is intended as a resource
for adaptive technology and information technology professionals interested
in accessibility issues and also for those want to support such
professionals.

Over the past half dozen years, people have done well in respecting the
purpose of the list and in respecting one another.  Half a dozen years ago,
we had a small number of people, very small, who abused the list and cause
some serious listers to depart.  We have seen in recent months how a few
negative terrorists can do damage.  It is easier to damage than to create,
and that is why I am expressing my sincere appreciation for all of you.

My major piece of advice to listers about handling angry and abusive people
when they occasionally inject themselves into a constructive situation is
ignore, ignroe, ignore.  If several people react to them, we only flood the
list with a lot of e-mail discussing this poor behavior which has the
effect of amplifying it.  People flame and abuse in order to gain
attention.  Let's not satisfy them.

Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
Cell (949) 922-5992
Professor Emeritus, Rochester Institute of Technology
http://www.rit.edu/~nrcgsh
CEO, EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
        http://www.rit.edu/~easi