EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ian Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:56:04 -0000
Hi
I'm looking for help in building up my current knowledge of literacy aids for adults with dyslexia
who are Mac users.

I know of type&talk and other self-contained wordprocs (e.g. write outloud etc) and I don't think
these are really appropriate for the level of users I'm talking about, who need to use advanced
formatting, annotation and proofing tools available in e.g. MS Word such as you might use when
preparing a thesis or dissertation.

Inspiration is good for planning, and K3000 Mac is great for help with reading, but I'm looking for
writing/proofing packages that will work alongside MS Word, Excel, email packages etc and provide
auditory feedback, prediction, screenreading etc. Also, pref with UK spelling options.  Any ideas
or, especially, user opinions?

Thanks
Ian Francis