EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARLENE MCINTOSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:26:22 -0500
I would recommend the minimum of a
PIII 800 MHZ
256 MB Ram
Lots of hard drive space
Good quality mic & headset (it's worth it to spend $30 or more)
Any good soundblaster card has worked well for us.

One of the things that we have found here is the mics deteriorate if you wind up the cord - gets a short.
Same thing if you keep moving the mic up and down a lot - gets a short.

Hope it helps!
Marlene McIntosh

Cambrian College
The Glenn Crombie Centre
    for Disability Services
1400 Barrydowne Road
Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
(705) 566-8101 x. 7219 (Voice)
(705) 566-5452              (Fax)
Room 2517A
Pathways LD Conference Website:
http://homepages.cambrianc.on.ca/pathways

>>> [log in to unmask] November 7, 2001 9:18:27 AM >>>
Hi Everyone,
Would anybody know where I could information on the ideal system requirements for running Dragon Naturally Speaking. I know that the minimum system requirements on available on the L&H website, but I am interested in what hardware represents the best current balance between performance and price. For instance: is a Pentium 4 microprocessor overkill; would a Soundblaster Live Value card perform acceptably, or should you really go with the Soundblaster Platinum Live card; is more than 500 MB's of memory necessary, etc?
Look forward to any and all advice,
Athol Gow