C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:39:41 EST
Hello Everyone,
My thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I am in so much pain, and
need to take morphine every one and a half hours. I slept until 4:30 this
afternoon, and am just now getting to my e-mail. If my neurologist does
not call me by 10 in the morning to tell me he has prescribed new
medication, I will call the hospital to ask to speak to a patient
advocate... I will probably be sleeping until ten in the morning anyway. I
know the name of the reporter for the newspaper here in town who writes
articles regarding disability issues, and would have no worries regarding
contacting her either. I am afraid though, that, I WILL BE SEEN AS A
DIFFICULT PATIENT, MIGHT GET MY PUMP TAKEN AWAY, BUT I am in so much pain,
and just want to cry. I have asked about surgery in the United States, but
have been told it would cost over 30 thousand dollars.

No surgery date yet, no pain medication, no nothing, hough I go to bed
praying that something will change quickly. The only bright spot is that
tomorrow is my birthday (turning 24), and my identicalk twin sister,
brother-in-law Andrew, and baby Nephew Spencer James are coming home to
Ontario for two weeks beginning tomorrow night. Spencer will be baptised
next weekend, and I am to be his Godmother...

I have not even told my Mom the desperate pain I am in. She says she does
not want to hear it, which in some respects I can understand. I have been
through so much surgery, so much pain, so much disappointment. he says I
should just keep my mouth shut and wait to be given a date for surgery...
I don't know what to do or what to think, but know I DO NOT deserve to be
treated like this...

Thank you for your continued prayers. Any thoughts?
Jenn