From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:03:16 -0600
>from what i saw on TV last night there has been a class action launched
>over your way [in the US] against McDonalds for making people fat. so why
>not one against the government for its false Food Pyramid and its
>contribution to diabetes?

That's precisely what I was referring to and suggested only I mentioned
YickDonald's.  You know...

McDonald's = YickDonalds
Burger King = Burger Thing
Taco Bell = Taco Hell
Hardee's = Hardley's
Pizza Hut = Pizza Slut

...and I'm sure there are others.

Paleo factor?  Early human food was slow and natural, fast food is not only
fast but fake: avoid at all costs!

Oh, another lawsuit worth noting; a group of vegetarians sued some fast food
giant (Ronny McD if memory serves) over allegedly sneaking animal fat into
their deep fat friers (and subsequent fries) despite claims that only
vegetable shortening was used.  Don't know what became of it.  Maybe the
case has yet to get underway.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO