From:
PLVentura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:33:30 -0400
> No. There is no mechanism to change it. If one wants I can look into
> setting up a separate list on that topic, but it would have to have someone
> volunteer to be the primary list owner.

Are our minds broadened or narrowed when adopting a Paleo Diet?  Somehow
I think this list would go dead if someone set up a "Paleolithic Diet &
Lifestyle" list.  It's just a lot less clutter in one's mailbox to have
one list, and it seems most folks here would admit that the most basic
issues of a Paleolithic diet that "made sense" and brought us here in
the first place simply "make sense" as they are integrated into the rest
of our lives.  How does Paleolithic eating affect us if we still expose
ourselves to chemicals?  How does Paleolithic eating affect us if we
have no acess to grass-fed animals and choose to add dietary
supplements?  So, your shampoo is edible?  How about your toilet paper?
How healthy would cavepeople eating a cave-diet have been if they had
used aluminum-containing anti-perspirants or dioxin-containing toilet
paper?  Would their diet have prevented the dementia or cancer connected
with these potential toxins?  Will that happen to us if eat Paleo?  Will
my Paleo diet protect my body from the assault of synthetics that
degrade from my home furnishings, or is there some alternative, similar
to what our cave-ancestors used?  What if cavefolks didn't feed
paleoscraps to their dogs?  Would they have co-evolved their synergistic
hunting relationship?  And workout routines--it's simply understood that
folks discussing that subject have integrated their diet into that
routine, and vice versa.

Sometimes, I feel my words have to walk on eggshells, and I waste a
little extra space by adding a food or diet-mention, when really, it
would be understood by most folks here that of course this disease
treatment/pet care/supplement/workout/lifestyle-decisions-in-general
have everything to do with the same fundamentals as my food choices.  Do
I really have to eat my leafy greens at the precise time as I wash my
hair to get the antioxidant protection against shampoo chemicals? :-)

Lois

P.S.  No disrespect meant to this lively list and it's colorful
characters and owners.  Don's Paleolithic Diet Page is an invaluable
resource to this entire concept.