From:
Quentin Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:20:09 +1200
On 29 Apr 2002 at 9:48, Tom Bridgeland wrote:

> Well, I finally found a small bottle of edible flax oil on sale here
> in Japan. Expensive stuff! So I bought it and got it home and tasted
> it. YECH! How do you all USE this nasty tasting stuff? I sure do not
> want to cook my eggs in it! It tastes the way linseed oil (linseed is
> another name for flax oil when it is used as a wood polish) smells.
> Maybe I will try when I make my next wooden bow, but I do not want to
> eat it.
>
> Any suggestions? Does the flax oil you use have a strong taste?

NO.  Definitely not.    Flaxseed oil needs to be fresh and kept in the fridge.
It sounds as if you have an old batch or it really is boiled linseed oil.
Don't use flaxseed oil for cooking.

FWIIW the flavour of the oil depends on the growing region.  The Canterbury
plains in New Zealand produces some of the mildest finest flavoured oil better
than the Canadian oil.

Best wishesQuentin Grady