From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:02:30 -0400
From: "Wendy Hubbard" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 12:56 PM
> I was thinking that I should try to get used to eating paleo in general
> first and then, once I'm used to it, trying to do it low carb, if I'm not
> already losing weight.  So I want to do it right.  I don't want to eat
> anything that I'm going to have an allergic reaction to or anything else
> that will sabotage my efforts.  Iknow that there isn't just one list of
> foods and that everyone's diet will be different, but I would really
> appreciate some advice on what foods to definitely avoid, aside from
grains
> and sugars, of course.

If you are looking for a good amount of detail, I think Dr. Cordain's Paleo
Diet is the better reference. It seemed more detailed in the sense that it
sort of rated the good foods; like he says walnuts are best, followed by
macadamia nuts, etc. with almonds sounding sort of terrible (all from an
omega 3 point of view, of course). He also ranks meats in terms of their
lean protein to fat ratio. And he makes it very clear what you should avoid.