From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:48:22 -0400
Tom said:

Well, I finally found a small bottle of edible flax oil on sale here
in Japan. Expensive stuff! So I bought it and got it home and tasted
it. YECH! How do you all USE this nasty tasting stuff? I sure do not
want to cook my eggs in it! It tastes the way linseed oil (linseed is
another name for flax oil when it is used as a wood polish) smells.
Maybe I will try when I make my next wooden bow, but I do not want to
eat it.

Any suggestions? Does the flax oil you use have a strong taste?

I use Barlean's High Lignan and stick it in a fruit shake (banana and frozen
berries). I can only taste it a little if at all, and that's also with some
ground up flax seeds in there too. I think the taste probably is pretty
strong, because I tried the oil alone and will most certainly never do that
again.

one of my friends eats it alone on salad, but I don't think I could stand
that either.