From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:16:21 +0900
> me too, also no fois gras

I visited a goose feeding farm in France. It was amazing. But the
geese love the feeding time. They crowd around the farmer and put
their heads up for the funnel. The food is a slurry of warm cooked
grain mash. The effect on the gooses' body is much like the 400 pound
chip eating couch potato human. Very unhealthy, but they love the
lifestyle. It seemed a lot less cruel than the high end veal, just
because the birds seemed happy. I imagine it results in a less than
perfectly healthy product, anyone have stats on goose liver paste
fats? Another one of those things that I buy once in a great while
just for the sensual pleasure. In fact maybe I will stop by the
gourmet store today...