From:
PLVentura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:07:56 -0400
> Question: can food allergens
> lead to hives?

Dori,

Answer:  Yes.

A way back, when my spouse was still just my date, he went out of his
mind and decided to try a managerial position at Long John Silver's.
His second day, while learning to prepare shrimp, he mearly touched the
raw little buggers, and his whole body broke out in hives.  He went to
an allergist and found he was deathly allergic to raw shrimp (not cooked
shrimp though, oddly enough!).  Good thing he didn't eat any.  ...Wait a
minute....Hmmm... (Light bulb over head strobes.) ... If he had, maybe
I'd be free right now.... Hmmm....

Lois