Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:56:52 -0400
matesz <[log in to unmask]> posted;
>Chloride is particularly damaging. (page 73) "...no natural substance of
>biological origin contains chlorine..."
<snip>

Llewellyn Mary M Contr posted this:
>>If that's so, then why and how do we and other animals make our natural
hydrochloric acid (HCl) to digest our food, and where do we get the
necessary chlorine ions?

From Sproek's book p. 37:
"The presence of hydrochloric acid in gastric juices (which of course is
generated from salt) may be purely indicental to the use of salt in food and
may be unnecessary for the digestion process.  On the other hand, excessive
amounts of the acid (any strong acid for that matter) in the digestive tract
can lead to hyperacidity and many other serious health problems.  It is well
recognized that the digestive juices have many enyzmes and organic bile
acids that can digest all kinds of food used by man.  It is also well known
that societies that do not use salt  have no problems with digestion."

You can reed more in SALT AND THE SEVEN DEADLY ILLS.

Rachel