Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 15:53:00 -0400
Karen Robinson posted this:
>>>I wonder then, whether ionic trace
mineral supplements like ConcenTrace are a good idea. I use it to
remineralize distilled water. My water is fluoridated, and I can't
afford a distiller or RO unit but sometimes buy distilled water. The
ConcenTrace contains 700 mg chloride per 40 drops, and I use 3-4 drops
per glass.

My reply:

After reading more about chloride, I would not recommend that product.  That
amount of chloride is excessive.  Read Karel Sporek's book to learn more
about the hazards of chloride.  Sporkek is a bright and very coherent 80
year old and long time analytical chemist, who is more cognizant than many
people who are much younger.  (He actually lives in the same city as I do!
A friend of his shared a copy of the book with us).  He is a testament to
the value of a diet with no added salt.

Btw:  Senile dementis has been linked to salt consumption.  In the book, THE
SALT SOLUTION, there is mention of the Kitavan health study and Dr. Staffen
Lindberg's (see link on paleo digest to learn about Lindberg's work).  "On
the island of Kitva, where the indigenous people eat a diet very low in salt
[and very high in potassium, from very generous amounts of fresh produce],
researchers were unable to identify a single case of senile dementia (see
side bar, page 30).

Interesting reading,

Rachel Matesz