From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:11:37 -0400
Dori,  I think this point is very important.  A huge proportion of  our (and
the world's) population subsists on a starch dominated diet because of the
economic mandate of the supply system.  If everyone took to the remaining
areas to hunt and gather, how long would the resources last?  Is science the
route to Paleo compliance for the masses?  For example,  should we be
encouraging the predominance of grass fed protein sources.  What other
solutions are there for large scale, sustainable changes or is Paleo just
another "elitist" fashion?

Rick Strong