C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:38:08 -0800
Kyle I'm all for signing the darn statement and get
the issue taken care of. I do think before you sit
down and ink your Hancock on the statement you should
have a firm safety net/plan in effect for not only
yourself but your family as well. This co-worker has
demonstrated cunning as well as actual violence. A
restraining order may indeed be in line but there have
been to many stories of funerals because the legal
system didn't back up the order...you have to report
the failure to comply with the order and by then it
may very well be too late. I think with the HR office
and you should sit down and work out a plan for all of
your safety. How the co-worker will be informed,what
actions will be taken by the HR office/law enforcement
organizations for you and the families safety. I
really think your office should put you,Laura and kids
up in an undisclosed hotel/safe house until all
actions have been followed through. I think you should
also not worry about being "polite" and tell your
co-worker not to call you at home again and that all
communication is to be done at work only. Again find a
legal way to have this conversation witnessed so it
will hold up in court. If your co-worker call after
you tell him not to you can put another nail in his
coffin but bringing him up on charges of stalking. I'm
usually a pollyanna in terms of giving people the
benefit of doubt but this man sounds very scary as
well as potentially dangerous. Just make sure you get
yourself and family out of harms way.
Joanne
--- "Cleveland, Kyle E." <[log in to unmask]>

http://mail.yahoo.com/