Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:19:16 +1000
although it is often thought the core of paleo eating is meat [as in muscle
meat], other parts of the animal were often more highly prized. these two
excerpts indicate this in the case of Inuit..

The caribou was of special importance, and was celebrated at a special
feast, called a 'Mokushan', at which quantities of caribou fat and bone
marrow were consumed. After the feast the drum was played and songs were
sung to the animal spirits.

***
Meals often consist of raw seal liver and caribou marrow, obtained from
breaking open caribou legs

the paleo 'food pyramid' of 5 groups would be something like

1. marrow
2. depot fat
3. muscle meat
4. organ meat