Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:02:39 +0200
From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
I have been away from my computer for a week, so I have not been able
to tell you that this has been a big first page news in Sweden this week.

Actually it is with acrylamide as with other suspected cancerogens (there are
also some known before, that apperars in fried meat) that they are found
to cause cancer in mice (whos main food is grains!!) but there is still no
evidence that they actually cause cancer in humans. That is why there is
so far no recommendation to change eating habits. (90 % of all chips and
snacks in Sweden are consumed by 10% of the people, so I think some
would need such a recommendation anyway).

But what I think is important with the acrylamide report, is that no one
still nows what is actually in our food, even common food. And we
know still less about what happens with it after it is swallowed. That
is why any other food recommendation than one that is based on
evolutionary adaptation ideas is useful, unless there is a very solid
clinical data study to support it.

- Hans