Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:25:48 -0400
7bit
From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
>I think it's ignorance and not avarice. In my opinion, the BIG QUESTION for
>this list is, why do physicians, dieticians and the entire medical
>establishment follow the low fat, high carb, non-natural diet, as promoted
>in your excellent book or in Loren Cordain's or Eades'??  I always wonder
>this. It is astonishing that so many people have so many problems that (I
>think) could be made a lot better just by following general paleo
>principles. Yet doctors and the press continue the same old blather.

I think it's a rigid way of thinking combined with avarice. Traditional
doctors, even veterinarians, tends to be much more interested in treating
the symptom rather than discovering the cause. Part of it is probably
because people like to have quick and easy results if possible. I've heard
that when doctors refuse to give antibiotics for colds or whatever people
often get very upset, even if they have viral infections that would not
benefit from antibiotics at all. Just imagine if the average person went to
a doctor because he/she felt sick and was told "you need to completely
change your diet!" I don't think that would make the doctor very popular,
except among more open-minded people. Also, there is a ton of money to be
made in developing and giving out drugs, and all that money would go away if
people stopped having the myriad diseases we currently have. It's certainly
sick that so many people profit off the misery of other people, but it's
been going on since the beginning of time and doesn't seem to have changed a
bit.