Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:23:45 -0400
On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Ray Audette wrote:

> From: Todd Moody
> > > What does the Autism Industry have to lose?  I suspect billion$ .
> >
> > What Industry is that?
>
> Those parents who can afford it spend hundreds of thousands for their
> austistic children.  The M.D.s who they go to make hundreds of thousands per
> year.  Special ed programs at schools cost millions of dollars per year for
> these children.  Millions of dollars are spent every year looking for new
> drugs for these children.  When they grow up they go into the nursing home
> industry.

The trouble with the use of the word "industry" is that it
suggests some sort of centralized cadre of greedy capitalists.
To be sure, MD's get paid for their work, though I doubt there
are many MDs who make hundreds of thousands per year treating
autistic patients.  And of course special ed teachers get paid --
badly.

But your "What does the Autism Industry have to lose" rhetoric
clearly implies that these people either conspire to keep autism
around so that they can profit from it, or at least hope that it
will not go away, for the same reason.  This is a rather nasty
slander on the people who try to help autistic kids and adults.

> Kellogg demonstrated the cause of Autism in the 1880's.  Why is his work
> never mentioned ?

Perhaps you will explain how Kellogg "demonstrated" this.

> Why do Pediatricians almost never tell parents that milk
> causes 90% of ear infections.

Do pediatricians know this?

Todd Moody