C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:27:58 EST
In a message dated 2/11/2002 2:37:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> > The ones who
> >don't do that want to cure me by making me get 20 thousand bee stings.
> >
> Now I have heard everything!! Who in their right  man would do this. How
> about leeches, instead?? Are these people nuts??
>
> Bobby

There's somebody in Maryland who does this for people with MS, among other
things, I think.  The treatment doesn't consist of multiple stings on the
same day, I don't believe.  I was exaggerating about the number.  I can't
remember where I heard or read about this first, but I saw a program about
her on TV not long ago.

The woman who was ruining my once a month restaurant visit by cramming this
down my throat, got the idea to do so because when she asked what I had, I
told her it was "something like MS."  It's not really, mine isn't even CNS,
but that's the fastest way to shut people up.  Everybody's heard of MS.  Then
I had to hear through my whole steak about how I need this treatment.

It didn't need anything, that steak.  It didn't need sauce, I mean.  It was
done to perfection.  Do you see the totality of her crime?

She offered to take me for the bee stings too.  Yes she did.  When she was on
her way out, she stopped next to me long enough to put her hand on my
shoulder and say "we need to get you better."

She needed something all right.  But you know how that would have worked out.
"Gimp has chip on shoulder.  Film at 11:00."  I spoke my mind in the
beginning, but anything after that would have been an argument that would
have ruined other patrons lunches too.