EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 06:49:03 -0700
I am looking for antispam software that can be configured to remove junk
mail right from the pop server instead of downloading it.  Anyone know of
something to recommend.

I will want it to work with Eudora and hope it sort of works with a screen
reader.

A related question. . . I have been trying Norton antispam but cannot get
it working correctly.  Here is what happens.  When I open my e-mail, Norton
spam says that com automation is turned off and I need it turned on.  I
click on "yes" and am told it is on but that I must exit and re enter
Eudora for it to work.  When I open it again I am told again it is
off.  And round and round we go.  It says without having this done
correctly that Norton won't work correctly.  That is why I'm looking for
something else.

Eudora filter does a nice job of putting junk into a junk folder but I want
to have it removed from the pop server to drastically reduce mail download
times.

Norm

                 -----
Listen to my Sky Radio Interview: http://easi.cc/sky

EASI May Courses:
         Beginners Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/easiweb.htm
Advanced Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm
Barrier-free E-learning http://easi.cc/workshops/bfel.htm
         (a package of five courses will earn the Certificate in Accessible
Information Technology)
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm

                                                         Norman Coombs, Ph.D.
CEO EASI (Equal Access to Software and Information)
22196 Caminito Tasquillo
         Laguna Hills CA 92653
home: (949)  855-4852
         Cell: (949) 922-5992
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<