EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:14:50 -0600
Jack,
I think the number one issue is to get into place accessible design
practices for the next generation web resources.  It is alot easier to
build in accessibility features at the design stage of web resources than
trying to fix them after they have been designed.  I would make that the
number onw priority!

After you know what you want as design practices then you can go back and
see if it worth trying to repair existing resources or just totally
redesign them.  Most times repairing existing web pages to meet
accessibility guidelines takes more work than just redesigning the
resources using your accessible design practices.

Repairing web resources to meet 508 or some other guidelines make make the
pages technically accessible, but often functionally inaccessible to
people with disabilities.

Jon