EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:13:15 -0600
Jack:
I will mail you a brochure on a course that Jon Gunderson, from UIUC, on
Web Accessibility.  He is an excellent instructor.  It is an on-line course
for Web Designers...quite technical.

At 01:26 AM 11/20/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Our college's teaching and technology just had a meeting today with its
>major focus and agenda being web site accessibility.  The major question
>came up for me to ask the experts from this listserv as follows:
>
>Given that each of our Maricopa community colleges have hundreds, if not
>thousands, of web pages (including courses on the web.    This all comes
>after several years of development and .....recently the staff and faculty
>are now realizing the responsibility to have the web sites/pages be
>ADA/508 compliant.
>
>The question is this:   Iin what order of the web sites/pages do we need
>to ensure are accessible.  We know that we definitely need to have the
>home page be 508 compliant along with its links.
>
>Please comment and advise.  Thank you in advance for taking the time to
>submit your replies to the above question.
>
>Jack Clevenger, Coordinator
>Disability Resources and Services
>Mesa Community College
>Mesa, Arizona

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Tom L. Thompson                    Email:  [log in to unmask]
Director, Access and Disability Services   Voice:  (847) 925-6266
William R. Harper College                         Fax:   (847) 925-6036
1200 W. Algonquin Road             Web:  http://www.harper.cc.il.us
Palatine, Illinois 60067-7398
"If you have all manner of gifts but do not have love, you are
nothing."