EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 08:46:09 -0800
7bit
From:
sandygo4it <[log in to unmask]>
I have several children that would benefit from your marvelous gift!

"...software and technology for visually inpaired children from
Pre-K to 5th grade. It is for an Apple computer. I also have a touch window
and
other forms of technology...."

I teach for Los Angeles County Office of Education (preschool class for
children with orthopedic impairments).... BUT ... I have MANY children with
visual impairments (the VI itinerant teachers are sending the preschool kids
my way because there are no VH preschool classes - I have finished a 'low
incidence early childhood special ed' practicum and have a smattering of VI
knowledge.

My students - one who is VERY deaf/blind (and very hypotonic); another who
has CHARGE syndrome and is also DB, another with a cortical visual
impairment, and many premie complications, ANOTHER (two or three) with ROP,
ANOTHER (still coming in!) with some kind of visual impairment ... I didn't
even mention all the others (10 kids, 9 of whom are in wheelchairs - and
this year we are sharing our classroom with Kndg ...

My big need would be for basic switch access, early stages of any kind of
software.  I have a PowerMac (have a Touch window, Intellikeys and software)
... but if you have ANY early stages of software for little ones that are
prelinguistic and need basic access (or for K's that need supplmental
academic stuff) I would be a grateful receiver!

My school address, etc. -
Sandy Goodwick
La Merced Elementary School
724 North Poplar Ave.