EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:05:39 -0700
7bit
From:
Terry Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Hi All,

We at AccessIT have just completed our Web Design and Development course
curriculum, developed for use in secondary schools, grades 9-12. This is a
full introductory course on web design, which stresses standards-based and
accessible design, is grounded in national skills standards and education
standards, is vendor-neutral, and is free.

The idea was to fully integrate accessibility into a complete web desgin
course, making it a core design principle upon which all learning is based,
rather than an add-on or "separate" module.

We unveiled the curriculum on Independence Day at the National Educational
Computing Conference (NECC), where we had a steady stream of high school web
design instructors visiting each of our two poster sessions, many of whom
were enthusiastically interested in using the curriculum in their own web
design courses.

This Friday, July 21, we'll be discussing the curriculum and demonstrating
many of its key features in a live webcast at 11 am Pacific. Please spread
the word among K-12 districts, schools, and teachers. Thanks!

The curriculum is here:
http://www.washington.edu/accessit/webdesign/

And additional information about the webcast is here:
http://www.washington.edu/accessit/webcast.htm

Terry Thompson
AccessIT/DO-IT
University of Washington