EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pranav Lal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 07:58:02 +0500
Hi Kathie

Whats the problem with the powerpoint slides? I ask because I regularly use
Powerpoint to read presentations etc., and have had no problems. Use the
mouse to read the screen and see what happens. Remember, Power Point does
not have an insertion pointer.

Pranav
At 11:38 AM 1/11/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I've signed up to go to a workshop Wednesday by viewing it on my desktop
PC; great idea.  However, my Screen Reader will not voice the powerpoint
slides and cannot deal with the Java Aplets that are used for sending
questions to the speaker.  The company offering the workshop sent a nice
e-mail saying "hope this doesn't inconvenience you."  Getting only one
third of the benefit of the workshop does inconvenience me.  How can I
communicate this to them in such a way that they'll hear it and do
something about their technology being more accessible in the future?
Apologies don't help, I want change.  Thanks for any input.