From:
Steigelman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steigelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:17:07 +0000

HI Listies!

I picked up a package of Pacific Gold Beef Jerky, original flavor at Costco.
Ingredients: beef, brown sugar, apple juice, salt, hydrolyzed soy protein,
spices, hickory smoke flavoring, flavorings, sodium nitrite.

I called the company (800-669-4148) and they said that because of the
hydrolyzed soy protein, this product is NOT gluten free.

My question: why is hydrolyzed soy protein not acceptable? Can someone
please explain this to me, or is the company in error and might the jerky be
OK?

I will post your responses.  Much appreciated!

Chris