From:
Bradley Marden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:33:40 EST
This doesn't have to do with your hard drive lights per say but I had a
friend who built a computer 450 MHz AMD with a hard drive light that would
stay on for long periods of time someone suggested it was a service of fast
find or something but after a reinstall problem went away with nothing else
changed same hardware, same software. Although he was running Win XP.

Also with you running Win98SE, from what I have read about the new AMDXP
chips you will not be able to get the full potential out of it. Win98 is not
able to handle the dual chip process. Just an FYI, you will want to try and
verify that first of course but it did come to mind. I believe that only Win
XP and Win 2000 and handle dual chips processes.

I know this didn't help you though sorry.

Bradley Marden