From:
Tom Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 01:40:15 -0600
Edward,

I did this tonight, but I'm still not sure why it worked. I started
getting "bad cluster" errors at about 80%. It wouldn't finish the
format, so I partitioned the drive (40%C - 60%D). After that, the format
on C: worked great and the format on D: saw the bad clusters, but
managed to finish formatting. Like I said, though, I'm still not sure
"why" it worked. Worth a try.

   Tom

Edward Pasquale wrote:

> Hi,
> Format runs for quite a while and then stops where the drive has
> developed errors. Is there any way to format the hard drive and bypass
> the error portion? Will partitioning the drive allow me to bypass the
> part of the drive that has errors?
> Thanks,
> Edward Pasquale

                     visit our download web page at: