From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:16:10 -0700
NFB's BBS system, NFB-Net, can be reached via Telnet.  Telnet to

fbnet.org

It's a Maximus system and you'll be asked for your name or to register
if you're a new user.  I believe there's a way to look around with
limited privileges if you haven't registered.

Also, the Regional Library for the state of Washington, the Washington
Talking Book and Braille Library, can be looked at via Telnet.  It's a
VAX/VMS system.  Telnet to

wtbbl.org

At the "user-name" prompt, type "opac" and hit ENTER.  You'll be given a
choice from 1 to 4.  "1" logs you into the system; "4" logs you out.
YOu can look at WTBBL's on-line catalog.

There is a list of BBS's to which on can Telnet but I forget what it's
called.  The "Main Menu" for a couple weeks ago had one of Tony
Baechler's reports on Telnet and in it he mentions this list as well as
demonstrating how a BBS works on one particular system.

I believe that one can still Telnet to

callbook.ualr.edu 2000

to look up ham calls, names, etc.  The "2000" after the fqdn is the port
to which Telnet should attach, i.e., Port 2000 (as opposed to the
default 23).

HTH.

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >