RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:07:58 -0500
continued...

>so how come ,you say that meat are not well digested ?

my personal experience, after having cleansed my body, has been indications
of incomplete digestion (odors, digestive upset - may be food
combinations),
and sometimes muscular pain and tension (uric acid?).

(regarding muscular tension - I'm amazed how supple my muscles are now.
many people don't really know how tense their muscles are, and I believe
it is related to excess protein/uric acid)

But I need to do better controlled studies for any definite
conclusions, and this may apply to me only anyway for various reasons.

It seems evident to
me that there is a continuum of efficient digestion/assimilation (from
better
to worse), consisting
of water, juices, fruit, then (cooked food/meat/nuts/vegetables/roots)
following in some undetermined order... my point being again that
I simply don't agree with the common statements about meat being
"perfectly"
digested.  There's a lot of connective tissue in meats that causes the food
to be not well assimilated (I would think), especially since our hcl is
lower than the true carnivore.

Most fruits are soft and we appear to be well adapted to their digestion,
the fiber
easily separating from the pulp/juice.

Does anyone have figures on bear or pig anatomy with respect to digestive
parameters (intestine length, hcl level, etc)

Gary

                    Ingrid Bauer
                    <[log in to unmask]        To:     [log in to unmask]
                    OM>                           cc:
                    Sent by: Raw Food Diet        Subject:     Re: RAF
                    Support List
                    JOHNS.EDU>

                    01/14/2002 10:55 PM
                    Please respond to Raw