RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:20:35 -0800
I am guessing that the "surprising" comments relate to a discussion, in the
book, of Nazi involvement in the history of the organic movement.  The Nazis
were very fond of biodynamics and many gardening methods that later became
associated with the word "organic".  There's another fellow who writes about
that connection; his name is Thomas DeGregori.  Any who have interest in the
topic can read some of his thoughts online in "Nazis vs. Cancer:  The Flip
Side of Fascism?" at
http://www.acsh.org/publications/priorities/1104/nazi.html.

Personally, I think that DeGregori (and anyone else who discusses the
Nazi/biodynamic/organic connection) needs to reach back farther and see that
the Nazis were just a link in a long chain of German & Austrian nature
lovers, some of whom are chronicled in Children of the Sun by Gordon
Kennedy.

I think it's all very interesting, but I know others who think it's EVIL to
link the Nazis to anything they consider to be good (even if the connection
is true).  So I have to ask y'all... Can we agree that just because the
Nazis did something, it isn't automatically bad?

104-0544720-9620762?coliid=ITX9CTQ6LQ5RL

Please note that I only learned of this book yesterday - I have not seen it,
and am posting the amazon URL *only* for informational purposes (and not
for sale or advertisement purposes).

Tom Billings