NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Allan Teramura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:56:50 -0700
We have been supplementing our 15 month old son's diet with a calcium
supplement made by Jamieson which is described as being free of sugar,
starch, salt, gluten, and lactose. What it does contain is "carbonate and
Krebs cycle sources of citrate, fumarate, malate, succinate, and
glutamate." What these things are I have no idea, but so far he has not
shown any evidence of eczema, his usual visible reaction to dairy. It comes
in caplet form so we grind it up and mix it into his food, which he doesn't
seem to mind.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has any thoughts on the idea of using this
sort of product in a small child's diet, which we are doing on the advice
of our doctor. I would rather give him his calcium in a more natural way,
but in practice getting him to eat a plateful of hijiki or kale is not
always easy.

Allan Teramura