BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Hell is ... other people."--Sartre//"D'accord!"--Mme. Sartre" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:31:55 -0800
Thanks Ralph,  But our clay is just gra/ey but the bricks are, well, brick
colored--brick red.  Food coloring????  Ruth

At 4:27 PM -0500 2/3/02, Ralph Walter wrote:

Ruth,

1.  Clay.

2. Red clay.

However, there are about a billion other colors, which result from colors
of clay and coloring stuff (proper name escapes me).  There is an extremely
ugly grayish-yellow brick which has been used in Chicago for 100+ years,
which I presume comes from a more-or-less local grayish-yellow clay bed.
Chicago brick is NOT worth leaving Vermont for, no matter what Annie
Sullivan (who used to be blind, you know) and the other Chicagolanders say.
They have lots of nice buildings, and lots of nice red brick buildings (as
I remember, the Monadnock Block is red pressed brick) in Chicago, but in
addition to my in-laws, there is this gawdawful yellow-gray brick all over
the place.

I had further ratings about brick, but the computer ate it all, so there's
another blessing you can count next time you feel the need.

Ralph

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT