BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv troubled by a bad conscience and a good memory.
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:24:09 +1100
 --- Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It's my experience that even where the heritage
> community doesn't require
> this, it's generally cheaper to repair than to
> replace, and the cheapshit
> owners wouldn't repair  if that weren't the cheaper
> alternative, and only
> make the repairs when there is essentially no
> alternative.

Ralph

I think that it depends on whether the building
continues to serve the function for which it was
originally designed, or whether that (internal)
function has now expired, and a new use is being found
for the building, which has to be shoehorned into the
envelope that itself no longer functions ...

david

PS  In any case, cost is relative. It has been my
experience that the economists can prove almost
anything they like once they get their calculators
into the equation.

http://my.yahoo.com.au - My Yahoo!
- It's My Yahoo! Get your own!