BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
They were the footprints ... of a gigantic hound!
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:33:19 -0700
I recall many years ago going to an "after the party party" at the home of
the jail keepers in the Windham Co. Vermont shire town of Newfane.  This is
the town my grandmother grew up in and she used to tell stories of the jail
as she was friends with the jail keeper's daughter and went there
frequently.  When I went there, oh, probably seventy years later, I'm sure
not a thing had changed in the jail--except the addition of electricity.
It was a very primitive place.  This particular night there were no
prisoners in residence and we got the grand tour.  I still remember the
urinal.  I didn't make a sketch.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Westminster, VT