BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keep your hands off me, you filthy human!
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:10:37 +1000
... or in context, enclofed fwinging fcaffolds ...

I've been asked about the possibility of using
enclosed swinging stages (or swinging scaffolds as I
think you call them over there) for the provision of
access and overhead protection during conservation
works to the windows and stonework of a couple of
buildings.

Does anybody have any experience or thoughts or
references they can share with me regarding the
feasibility or practicality of restraining swinging
scaffolds against the face of buildings during works.

We have very stringent OHS requirements for overhead
protective structures during work to the facades of
buildings ... such as 10kPa rated hoardings over
footpaths.  And a building where this is very
difficult to achieve ... so we are looking at the
possibility of swinging scaffolds providing this
protection.

I can provide more context / background backchannel to
anybody with thoughts to share.

Cheers

david west

PS I wish I could make it to the forthcoming APT
conference in Asilomar - program looks great, and
there is a 2 day workshop on scaffolding for historic
buildings.  But my best friend from high school is
getting married on 6 October (5 October US West Coast
time) so it is totally impractical to attend.

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!