Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 17:55:50 -0500
Maybe Gary can shed some light on this, but I saw a note in April QST
that says the P2000CW will be discontinued (amy already be). That's
really too bad if it's true. I don't have one, but if I could afford
one, I'd certainly consider its purchase if it was still available.

I saw an Elecraft K2, which was pretty spiffy! It actually had a
keypad to enter frequencies on, so I et it could be used by a blind
guy. Building it is another story though. I guess if you know how, it
can be done, but I'm all thumbs. And I never have seen a technique for
soldering (if you're totally blind), especially things like little
itty bitty tiny teeny teensy weensy little tiny (etc.) surface mount
things. ... At least, one that doesn't involve cooked flesh.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | History is made by stupid people.
Email: [log in to unmask] | Clever people wouldn't even try.