From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:11:33 -0700
Hi Dave.  I-link is a program that allows you to connect to other i-link
users who may or may not be connected to a radio, or repeater.  I call it
the poor mans I R L Q, and all you need is a computer with a sound card
and a microphone.  When you log on fo the first time, the server varifies
your callsign, to insure that you are ligit.  This can take up to an
hour.  After that, when you log on, you will see a list of stations that
are on line.  Many of them are repeaters, but there are also other
stations with no radio hooked  up, so you are just chatting via the
computer like any other chat program.

Hope I have explained it satisfactorly.  Let me know if you have any more
questions.  I can send you the Help file which is just an HTM document if
you like.  The current version is 3.27, but I am trying to obtain a copy
of 3.26, as it works a little better with window-eyes.

73:
JOhn