From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:40:48 +0000
I have been struggling through the manual for this rig before deciding to
perchase.  However, I have a few questions for which I have not found
answers in the manual.

1. are there any "home" beeps to tell you when you have reached a
particular position in a menu?

2. Same question for buttons which have multiple settings (am/fm/narrow) or
lsb/usb/auto?

3. when entering a menu, are you always at a specific selection, or does it
remember your last position?

4. does the multi-ch control have definite detents, or smooth rotation?

That should get me started.

Any other observations about this or other kenwood models are welcome.
I selected kenwood because of the voice synth option, and the good messages
on the thf6 from this list.  I have ordered that ht and eagerly await its
arival.

Also, if anyone has cleaned up the ts-2000 manual, I would appreciate a
copy.  If not, I will let you all know when I have finished cleaning mine.
Acrobat really scrambles the format and I need to work out some effective
notation for the keys and controls.

73