From:
"David R. Basden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 22:56:16 -0800
Hi Jeffrey,

         From your description, it sounds like you are in simplex mode on
440MHz.  If you are transmitting on your receive frequency, that sounds a
lot like simplex.  If you repeatedly press Function and then 8, you toggle
around the three modes.  The low beep is simplex, then comes a plus offset,
then a minus offset, then back to simplex.  Press function and then 8 each
time.  When you get to the low tone, one more press of function and then 8
should put you on plus 5 MHz.  As you have a scanner, you might listen on
it to determine where the transmit frequency is moving as you go from
simplex to plus offset to minus offset.

73,

Dave, A F 6 Y