Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:00:55 -0800

I just realised that part of the blood tests I just had last week included
tests for gluten antibodies...and then just now read that these tests will
only show celiac if a person is eatting the gluten.  I told the doctor I
have been feeling better and have been gluten free for over a month...will
that invalidate the tests?

I thought the tests were for more nutrition type things as he was noting my
pale skin and other things that all together make me look like hell, even
though that is gradually improving now.  I  am expecting a gluten challenge
comming up, but thought I'd be told to eat the gluten ahead of time...has
anyone ever had a biopsy without a gluten challenge?  Also, I am going to
ask to be taken off work for the challenge, I am already in danger of losing
my job for calling in sick too much and have had the short term company paid
disability offered to me by HR department.  However to do that I need a
doctor signing for it, and I have to be completely off work, no going back a
few days and calling in sick only days I can't go in.

And I know I should have had the tests before going gluten free, however
could not get tested untill now and was too sick to not go gluten free.
Family doctor doesn't think gluten can cause all this and GI took several
months for first appointment.

Tamera