EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:14:46 +0200
Dear list members,

Dolphin Computer Access has released verions 5.1 of their software products
including:

1. Lunar screen magnifier.
2. LunarPlus screen magnifier with speech support.
3. Hal screen reader with speech and braille display support.
4. Supernova combines Lunar and Hal.

All products run on Windows 95 and higher, including Windows XP.

Suprising in version 5.1 of Lunar, LunarPlus and Supernova is the new color
changer. This is an excelent feature, that let you select your own color
scheme. The color changer does not only change the text and background, but
also the graphic colors. Combined with the new full color smoothing feature
this gives a high improvement of reading web pages on the Internet. If a
color combination is difficult to read simply press CONTROL + NUMPAD0 and
read the page with your prefered color scheme.
Dolphin screen magnification products are the first who include this feature.

Other new features are support for Flash pages, Virtual Focus now remembers
the position on a page after moving to another application and returning
back, you can now set targets, that you can jump to with a hotkey press.

I had a lot of critical notes after the first release of Dolphin version 5
software. Most of my critical points were solved in version 5.02 and I'm
glad to see, that in this release
more progress is made to improve their products.

What I miss is:

1. Support for Java Accessibility Bridge.
2. Get additional information about web pages on the Internet, like we get
in Jaws, Window-Eyes or WebFormator.

3. Better performance. Mouse moving on web pages and in applications like
Microsoft Access is too slow on a computer with 256 MB RAM.

For more information and free demo versions visit Dolphin Computer Access at:
  http://www.dolphinuk.co.uk
or for more news about accessibility Technology news and the poll for The
Best screen Magnifier in 2002
http://www.magnifiers.org (The Screen Magnifiers Homepage)

Kind Regards Peter Verhoeven