RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
marilyn traber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 06:33:18 -0500
Well, I do the reverse. I avoid foods that I know adversely
effect my BG readings. Unless you wantto put it that I eat my low
carb way because it positively effects my BG ;-)

I am sure that if sugars, non-fiber carbs and food alcohols would
drop my BG to normal levels you would see me heap my plate with
the sweetest fruits, the starchiest veggies and anything with
glycerine in it ;-)
margali
and on the plus side, my particular diet consists of the best
quality non-processed meats and dairy [raw unprocessed] I can
find, plenty of high-fiber goodies like artichokes, spinach,
romaine lettuce, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels
sprouts, garlic, almost any culinary herb you can name, celery,
asparagus, most nuts [especially macadamias, walnuts and almonds]
.... my guidelines on veggies is that there has to be at least
50% of the carbs dietary fiber. IF I thicken a sauce/gravy/soup
broth I use natural psyllium husk or some other natural fibre. I
drink more than 8 glasses of water a day, and I start my day with
a  shot [1 oz to non-drinkers] of straight pure cranberry juice
dilluted into 8 oz water. I frequently make my own butter and
cheese, and will probably again raise my own chickens this year
for the meat and eggs. Well, I do admit to the 20 oz expresso
before bed, but that is about my only vice ;-)
--
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here: