From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:37:11 -0800
Well, if the drive is still spinning at all, he may be able to use
Ontrack's Search and Rescue to to recover files.
He will need two hard drives on the PC to do this. However every time he
spins up the drive up he risks losing more data.
Depends what exactly the problem is. What happened ? I have had minor
problems, that had nothing to do with the hard drive,
referred to as major hard drive failures

If, in fact, it is a catastrophic hard drive failure, there is still
something you can do.
For professional ( and very expensive) help, you may contact Tim Lider
It can be done, but we are talking $1000s U.S.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group

>I hope this post is OK, but what better group of experts to help . . .
>
>A colleague and dear friend has experienced our worst nightmare:  fatal
>hard drive crash.  While we will bite our tongues to keep from uttering,
>"You didn't have ANY backups!," I am searching for experts in the data
>recovery business in the event there is any hope that his (literally)
>thousands of hours of work can be salvaged.  To avoid listserv clutter
>since I suspect this is of limited to interest to folks, please e-mail
>back channel at:  [log in to unmask] and I will relay the suggestions.
>Ed Nottingham

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>