From:
"Richard F. Bolha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:28:07 -0400
Harold

Some force on the lock lever is needed. It is hard to say how much
you are using? I would confirm that you are lined up with the
correct corner then try it again. If it is on the correct corner and it
drops into place, I think you are just not using enough force on the
lever.

Good Luck
Richard F. Bolha

On 8 Sep 2001, at 15:00, Harold Lawson wrote:

> I am attempting to install a 1300 AMD cpu into a Gigabyte GA-7dx
> motherboard. The cpu drops into the board with zero insertion force
> but the lock lever will only go about a quarter of the way down to lock. I am afraid to put too much pressure on the lock lever for fear of breaking the lever or bending the pins on the cpu. Any help would
> be appreciated. This is my first socket A build.
>                Harold Lawson Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml